Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Arrives

I'm back home after a week out of state. When I left, only snowdrops, the first daffodils, hyacinths, pansies and a few violets were blooming. Now there are flowers everywhere in my yard--more daffodils, hyacinths, violets, grape hyacinths, lungwort, Siberian squill and all the fruit trees. This is the first year the Bradford pear has actually flowered, without being stopped by a late frost. The peach tree is most spectacular, with its pink flowers.



Several of the bushes are budding out, and look like they'll be blooming soon: lilac, viburnum, and mock orange.


Many of the perennials are beginning to re-emerge. I found hosta, columbine, heuchera, catmint, scullcap, and other little leaves I can't yet identify.


Spring is always so exhilarating for me, as all the hard work of months pay off as the plants come back from dormancy, and flowers surround my home.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds beautiful! Please post pictures when you have time. It's been rainy here and I haven't gotten out in the yard much the past few days, but I hope to check today to see what's blooming in the back yard (besides dandelions!)

Anonymous said...

I've taken a number of photos since I got back, but need to get them developed. I hope to start getting photos up soon.

I checked my tomato plants (in the Wall of Water protectors) and there's one about half of "adult" size already!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the great works guys I've incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

My web site :: deny

Fringed Tulips

Fringed Tulips