Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Rains

As forecast, it drizzled rain off and on all day today.  I'm sure glad I mowed yesterday. We've had a surprising  amount of rain over the last couple of weeks for this time of year, and it looks like it's not done yet.


I have the Accuweather.com app on my tablet.  When I checked the upcoming forecast yesterday, I noticed that they had forecast 7.84 inches of rain for Monday night.  That's a lot of rain!  I certainly hoped that it was a typo, and that they meant .78 inches instead.  But when I checked again today, it's still there.

If we really get nearly 8 inches of rain, especially on top of all that's fallen recently, there will be flooding problems for sure. Some parts of this county have received over five inches in the past week, and a couple of areas in southern Kansas got over nine inches.


Update (Monday):  I checked the forecast again this morning, and the 7.84 inches was changed to 1.7 inches.  Much better!

No comments:

Fringed Tulips

Fringed Tulips