Monday, September 9, 2013

Greek Salad

Tonight I enjoyed one of my summer favorites, a Greek salad.  I love this combination of flavors. What made it taste even more delicious, is that most of it came from my own garden.


The salad is made up of approximately equal amounts of tomatoes and cucumbers, with a really generous amount of parsley, and some shredded mint. Then there are the ingredients I have to buy; feta cheese, ripe olives, and a dressing of olive oil and lemon juice.

It makes a refreshing change from a lettuce-based salad, and uses a lot of those things that are coming ripe in late summer almost too fast to keep up with eating.

As a special bonus this evening, I had the first ear of sweet corn to come ripe this year.  This is the latest my corn has ever been, due I think to the long period of rain and cool weather earlier this summer.  The rest should be ready to eat soon. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Fringed Tulips

Fringed Tulips